January 02, 2018

Op-Shops Are Open Again...

Now, I know this is a decluttering and organising blog, but just to say this is a good thing - in a way.

It gives us the time to get out there and drop off whatever we've been doing during the time over Christmas - you know packing up the old and introducing the new - and take it over to our local op-shop/thrift store to donate.

However, I did this backwards today.

Yes, I went out and looked for placemats for the kitchen table and ended up with a box filled with other goodies I didn't know existed - or I needed.

But when I arrived home, I found that I was decluttering my place without a second thought. I pulled a bottle I haven't used in 3 years which I bought from Woolworths with the honest thought of using when I had visitors - to fill with ice tea or nice ice cold water at some point - but it's just been sitting there doing nothing but gathering dust. 

So into the Donation Box it went - straight away, without me feeling bad about it. I also cleaned up the nice little 3-set canisters and am now using them in the kitchen. The old tea canister will be used to hold my paint brushes and the lid will have to be thrown away as, well, if I take the canister into an op-shop they'll just throw it out. It's better to use the part that is usable, than toss out the whole thing.

I then scored these lovely boxes - one I found and the other was in the store somewhere and I found that after somebody told me about it. Well! they let me have the two for $3.00! What a bargain! Well, I will be using those for my bedroom; as they're just so pretty.

So, I've started decluttering in a big way... so far. And I've also joined Peter Walsh's 30-Day Challenge as well - and I do encourage you do this as well; to kick-start your decluttering year. This is how I got started decluttering my house. 

However, this year, I'm going to make sure this house is going to be ready to have me moving to another house. So, I'll be container ready... yep, things are going to be put away and stored in the readiness to move to another place to live. I can't wait to get in and do this. What are you hoping to get out of this year?  

No comments:

Post a Comment