September 23, 2017

Catching Up

I know my last post seemed kind of menial; but I grew up around a Dad who taught me how to do those things; and my girlfriends who I went to school with had no clue how to change the oil in their cars (they didn't know there was oil in cars). 

So, that's why I wrote it.

I wasn't dissing females or people who don't do maintenance of their places, I was making sure people understood that taking care of their places means to do the hard work sometimes - even if you don't know how to do it.

This post is about catching up with things. 

I've been so darned busy lately that I've let my housework slide. Well, not my laundry - that always gets done - so does the putting out of the rubbish, but the other stuff. I have to vacuum, finish up archiving the files in my office and cleaning it out of the other bags. Then filing the books which are still sitting around the place too.

Yes, there's still so much to do, and I feel as though I'm running out of time - I'm not sure why - but I feel as though there's so much I need to do before something big happens in my life, but I don't know what it is yet.

Now, how strange is that? Have you ever gotten that urgent feeling you just need to get something done, and yet you're not sure why? Yeah, I have that nagging feeling bothering me. Oh well, I'll figure it out soon enough.

But I have been busily working out things lately. I've sent off a book to be read by one of my First Readers, I'm waiting for my new business cards to show up in the mail from Vistaprint and I've got half the Donation Box full of things I don't want anymore; all ready for the next trip to the charity store. There's still things around the home office to be cleared up, sorted out and put away; and the archive boxes sitting around - half-full - aren't doing me any favours.

So, what do you need to do over the next week? What kind of catching up is on your list? I'm hoping to add a few new habits to my life - but I find that when I do, things get really stressful and I have to drop them. Please do leave a comment and let us know how you're doing with your decluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment